Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spaghetti Salad

It's that time of year again, when soups are put on the back burner and salads are back!

This is one of my favorite salads that my great aunts ( who are in their 70's) make for parties.  I finally figured it is not that hard to make, and here it is!

Ingredients:
Skinny Spaghetti, or Angel Hair
Fresh Tomatoes
Fresh Cucumbers
Fresh Red Onions
Oil
Vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Boil your water and make your pasta as you would to eat hot.  Let pasta cool, or rinse with cold water.

While your pasta cooks, go ahead and chop your cucumbers.

IMG_0005

Chop your tomatoes.

IMG_0006

And chop your onions.

IMG_0007

Add your cooled spaghetti.

IMG_0008

Now for the tricky part. Mix all together and start to add your oil and vinegar.  I like to coat my pasta with oil first. Then slowly add the vinegar to taste.  You can always add, but not subtract!

IMG_0009


Salt and Pepper to taste, and thats it!  Refrigerate and serve cold. The perfect alternative to a mayonaise based salad on a hot day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!