Friday, March 16, 2012

Lifesavers: Clean your Dishwasher


Just another tip to save you some time, money and frustration!

Did you know you can clean your dishwasher? 
And that it can be done with kool aid?
Here I go again with the untraditional uses for kool aid.
Well, not really the kool aid but what's in the kool aid.


If your glasses don't come out gleaming, pick up some Orange or Lemon kool aid.  And it doesn't have to be name brand either. But make sure you look at the ingredients and check for Citric Acid.  


See how my Orange has it but not Lemon? That's what made me use the orange. 

Dump the kool aid in where your detergent goes and run it. 
My glasses have never gleamed so nicely! 

If you make your own dish soap, and your glasses are not gleaming, does your recipe have citric acid in it? That's how I figured it out! I was thinking about making my own dish soap, and the different recipes said the citric acid makes the difference!  

I cleaned my dishwasher about a month ago and it's still giving me nice gleamy glasses. When they start looking filmy again, I will just run a load of kool aid!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!