Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Money Saver and A Piece of Mind...

Do you have a printer that has a different ink cartridge for each and every color? I do. And sometimes when you just want a black document it just will not print because a color (that you do not need to use!) is out. Ugh. It always seems to happen when I am in a bind and need something printed yesterday! So... I got thinking, I wonder if I could trick the sensor? Well I did!

I have kept a couple of my inks because I swear there is still ink in there, you can still hear it! So, I kept it and when I couldn't print, I stuck the old one back in and it tricked the sensor in the printer enough to let me select Black Ink Only and I was able to print my Word Document without using the color inks!

I know its a pretty small thing, but sometimes those are the best discoveries!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe noone else has commented on this. This is a fab. tip!! Thank you so much for sharing this and the rice trick with the wet cell phone. I just found you by clicking on thru link via Naps on the porch to The shabby nest to you. So glad I did. Thank you. You are now in my reader and I follow you thru google friend connect. (just fyi, tech.got a blog but it is way inactive but want to learn more about blogging etc. just to say that is why when I sign in etc.) Thank you so much for sharing with us all.Deanna

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!