Thursday, March 1, 2012

Fix a broken zipper!

Ugh! Just yesterday I opened up my dryer and found not one, but two zippers in the dryer. Off Carter's hoodie and jacket. Both of which are new! 


With just a couple tools I was able to get them back on! Yay!
Want to learn how? 


I used two different pliers, one is the normal needle nose kind. The other is flat. Plus these are mini, like jewelery making size.



Using the flat pair, I pushed it into the bottom of the zipper.


Open the zipper with the pliers, but only open it enough to get your zipper in. The more you open and close it the weaker it may become and snap (trust me.)


Slide onto zipper on jacket.


Pinch closed. You may want to pinch it, try to zip. If it doesn't zip, pinch some more. This part is all about trial and error.


Once you get it to work your all set!  
Take your time and be gentle. Or else the zipper will snap.  

Now, I'm off to work on the jacket!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I've always given up when a zipper comes off but next time I'll go the DIY route. Fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cait- Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is adorable! Can't wait to get a minute to really explore later today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing. I cannot tell you how many zippers are in need of desperate repair currently at Frazzled Five!! New Follower over from Crazy Daze!
    Jen @ F5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen- Thanks for following! And introducing me to the Frazzled Five!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!