Monday, January 18, 2010

A Cricut Dilema!


I was borrowing a friends Cricut (Such an awesome product!) to do some scrap booking... And my paper started to not stick so well, and was crushing the letters instead of cutting them nicely.. Ugh. How frustrating too, as I was just getting into my groove!

So what to do??? A quick google search came to the rescue! Instead of going out and purchasing a new cutting mat, I found the answer for much cheaper!


After the search, I ran to my local Michael's store and purchased Krylon Brand, Easy Tack Repositionable Adhesive. This stuff is a life saver, well not really but in a scrap booking incident it was!

First, you need to peel any paper that may still be stuck to the mat off, and give it a quick hot soapy scrub. Then, you mask off the non sticky edge of your Cricut Mat and spray an even coat across. The information from the search said they left theirs overnight, but I didn't know why, and I am impatient. So I used it a couple hours later. It is pretty sticky, for the first few pages but then works like new after that.
Gotta love money saving tips! So for a couple bucks I can reuse my friends mat over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!