Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reverse Applique


Do you have a shirt that you LOVE but is stained?  Ugh. Me too. Well not anymore!

Here's my stain, yuck. Mac and Cheese... Thanks Carter. I think I only wore this shirt once. Guess I won't be wearing white for a while!


Centering the stain, I drew what I would sew and cut out.  I chose a heart cause it is a basic shape that I thought would be easy enough to sew.  See my pins? Thats my fabric under neath. Just choose a piece big enough for your design.

Using the edge of my foot as a guide I lined up the left edge with my drawn design, and sewed around once.

See?  

Next, I cut back my fabric revealing my fabric I pinned underneath.

Here's what the back looks like. You can leave your fabric square or...

Cut it down a bit.

Flip and your done!





1 comment:

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!