Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Plates Redo

Remember these? For my bedroom?

Well, I felt they blended in just too much with the wall. After all I did use the same color ( before I lightened the wall color),

So I decided to try again.




First, I tried a watercolor and varnish combo. LOVED the color, and in theory it should have worked, but because it was a convex shape and not flat it slid off the plate...


Next, Plain Old Acrylics.  Not exactly what I was going for but worked.




All hung up, and looking better than the first! And second tries!



And now they hang nicely above our hope chest...  No more blank wall staring at me!  Another to do task bites the dust!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Is it bad it reminds me of pumpkins? Must be the season!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!