Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Conversation Hearts, Anyone?

Gosh, I love salt dough.  Ever since my candy corn and coal. I dream in salt dough. Well not really but I have a lot of ideas up my sleeves!

When I think of Valentines day, I immediately think Conversation Hearts, even though I never buy them or eat them.  So this year I thought why not make non edible, decorative ones.  

What do you think? Cute?  Love them on my table!

First prepare your salt dough! You can see the recipe I use here.



Then roll it out like your making sugar cookies, and grab a heart shape cookie cutter.  I put my little man to work!

"Bake" in your oven. Remember your not truly baking these, just drying them out. Warm your oven up, shut the oven off and put them in overnight.



Once they are hard, paint them and put them in the prettiest bowl you own!


1 comment:

  1. We are hosting a Valentine linkup party over at Sassy Sites! I would love to have you stop by and link up this Valentine post (and ANY other valentine post you have!) xoxo!!

    <3 Marni

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!