Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eye of Newt...


"Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and howlet's wing,--
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble."
          -from Shakespeare's MacBeth

Each year I like to create one or two things for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Here is what I made for my Halloween addition!



Cute? No?

Easy? Yes!

Let me confess something, I am a jar hoarder. Doesn't matter if its a nice old Ball jar, or a simple jelly jar from the store I keep them. And in my defense you never know when you will need one!  Today is an example of when you might need an odd shaped jar.


 The beginnings of  My witches' apothecary! 


I have a ton more ideas, and want to incorporate more but this is what I was able to make with what I had on hand!

Here's just how easy they were!

I spray painted all my lids black, let dry.

Next I started to look at my jars and found this ugly code on one of them.



Easy solution! I used black paint to make lines up the side to measure my blood! 






I made some tags for the jars using stamps and cardstock, tied them on with some twine and I am done!

What kinds of things would you expect to see in a witches apothecary?


 I'm thinking after Halloween, I will pick up some Vampire Fangs, and Spiders for next year.  Maybe find some plastic mice or frogs in the dollar store?  





1 comment:

  1. These are awesome and look so festive for the season... Love it :)) Officially following ya with smiles..Lovely creative blog you have here..Found you over at blue cricket..I'm Marilyn and would LOVE for you to share this at my Pin'Inspirational Thursday linky party if you dont mind pweeease :))-- TY,, http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pininspirational-thursdays-linky-party_26.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!