Thursday, October 20, 2011

Preserving: Baby Food

I know it's a little early to be thinking about Wyatt eating baby food, but with my garden coming to an end it's a way I can preserve some of the homegrown goodness!

I made all my babyfood with Carter, it saved us money and I knew exactly what was going into his little body. I plan on doing the same for Wyatt.

Making baby food is easy! 

Think about how you cook your food, and most times you do the same thing for making baby food.  
I grew acorn squash this year, and typically you roast it in the oven. So that's what I did. 

I roasted the squash in my oven at 375 for a little over an hour. You just want it nice and soft. 


Then you scrape it out of the skin, and puree.  


If you need it now, put in a container in your fridge. If you need it later  ( like me) put it in ice cube trays, freeze until firm, and then put in a freezable container.








1 comment:

  1. This is so smart! And so healthy too.

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!