Thursday, August 9, 2012

Do you sprout?

Ever eaten bean sprouts on top of a salad? Pretty good right. 
Well, I was reading one of my gardening books and it looked so easy.

All I needed was a sprouting jar, seeds, water. 
I could handle this. 

After coming across this tutorial on how to make your own sprout jar, I got to work.


So I made my jar, followed the directions and they smelled terrible. 


I tried it with split peas (dry) and did really well for a couple days, but then not so much. 
I haven't tried again. But want to. 

Any tips or tricks I'm missing out on?

At least I have a sprouting jar now, maybe I will do better once the summer is over and it's not too hot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!