Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

Did you know you can make chocolate syrup at home?
 I didn't. And felt pretty dumb when I found you could!

And what's better is you know what is in it!  

100_1696

Here is the original recipe, and as usual I altered!

Instead of using 1 1/2 cups of sugar I only used 1.  
You can tell it isn't as sweet as the original recipe (yes, I've made it more than once!) 
 but the second batch is just as good. Even tastes more chocolate-y. Yum.
Simple. 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup cocoa powder ( mine was baking cocoa) little bit of vanilla.

What I also did, is skipped the stove. I used a mason jar with my canning funnel and put all the ingredients in. Then shook it up, put it in the microwave (without the lid on jar) ( you could probably put in a pan of boiling water too) so that I didn't have to clean a chocolate syrup pan. I put my power level down to 50% as you are just warming it up to melt the sugar, cocoa powder and water.  Shook it again and in the fridge it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!