Friday, February 8, 2013

Cleans: Keurig

This weekend we are due to get a good old fashioned Nor'Easter! The current estimate is 12 inches of now, and I am starting the weekend right, with a nice clean Keurig!

When we got our Keurig almost two years ago, I read the manual making sure I knew what I needed to do to make sure this coffee pot lasted us a while! (We had already been through 2 or 3 in a couple years!)

When you read your manual it tells you to descale your Keurig every 6 months. 

Now, after looking into how to clean my Keurig, I found a couple posts in blogland. 
So I'm not going to go into much detail, except for the order I did it in.



I found it odd that other sites recommended you clean your Keurig and then descale it. 
I did it backwords, because when you descale your Keurig, by running vinegar through it, you then have to get the vinegar taste out.

Here is how I Descaled and then cleaned my keurig:

Filled Water reservoir with half water half vinegar.

Made "Coffee" without K-cup until reservoir needed water.

Filled reservoir with water.

Made more "Coffee" without K-cup until reservoir needed water.

Washed everything.

I am happy to say, I have no leftover vinegar smell or taste. I was worried about that, as I have cleaned previous pots and it seemed like it would take pots and pots of coffee/water to get rid of the taste!

Now, I also want to post that we have the K Filter, and I use it daily right now. 
I found that to clean it out, it's easiest to just flush with water.

Any other Keurig tips I need to know about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!