Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Who Starts a Knit Sweater on Fourth of July?

And then waits a month before blogging about it?

Yup. Me! That's Who!

I picked up some yarn a while back, with no project in mind. It was one of those "I have a coupon, gotta find something not on sale to use it for!" moments. So I picked up this yarn, and sat on it for a while.

Then, after looking through some patterns, I realized that the needle size recommended to use with this yarn was an 8, exactly what I needed to make this sweater.

I had started this sweater once before, but didn't get far because the yarn wasn't right, the gauge wasn't right. So I ripped it out, and put the project on the back burner. I'm talking years!


And lately, I have really learned to just go with the flow (I'm thinking having three kids aged 4, 2 and 9
months has something to do with it) and the crafting stars aligned for me to start this project!
Plus, if I start now, I will be able to finish before winter hopefully!

So far so good! I'm past diving off for the sleeves. I've done the lace pattern a couple times too.
All that is left is getting it to the length I want! Not sure how long that will take me, since one of my students at the library wants to knit socks ( so I started a sock to work on along side of her!) so I am working on two big projects at once. Which is not like me. Normally I have a big and a little project going!

What's on your needles?
I'd love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!