Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Cooks: Chicken Tex Mex Soup




This is so good, I ate it with every meal for days because I just could not get enough of it!


1-2 tbspn Oil
1/2 c. Chopped Onion
A couple Garlic Cloves
Jalapeno Peppers (Adjust amount for heat preference)
1 bag frozen corn
1 can (rinsed) Black Beans
1-2 Shredded chicken breasts  
 2-4 cups Chicken Broth
1 can (10 oz) Enchilada or Taco Sauce

Optional Add ins:
Chopped Raw Red Onion 
Chopped Bell Pepper
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheddar Cheese

To make the soup, start with your oil, onion and garlic. 
I typically put my stove on medium when I make soups. Let the onions cook until translucent. Depending on how spicy you want the soup, add the jalapeno peppers. Dump in your frozen corn, beans, chicken, broth and sauce of choice. Let everything heat up and your done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!