Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cooks: Spanish Rice

Taco Tuesday will never be the same!
My boys loved the Lego Movie, and now insist we follow suit by having Tacos on Tuesday!
So, weve been having Taco's, with plain rice but this week 
I decided to go the extra step with Spanish Rice, and boy was I pleased!

Who knew adding two ingredients would change plain old white rice to this!


1 cup white rice 
2 cups broth (or water)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 jar rotel 

Start by toasting your rice(I added about 1/4 cup orzo too)  in your saucepan dry. 
If you'd like to put a little oil in you can. 
While your rice toasts, chop and add your onion. 
Once your onion softens a little, add your liquid.
Once the rice is cooked, add your rotel. 

So simple, but made a huge difference in Taco Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!