Wednesday, April 8, 2015

{Makes} Spring Egg Nests


These were so cute, I couldn't share!
But also so easy, that I felt silly to write a full pic-by-pic tutorial.

To make Spring Egg Nests:
Mini Twist Pretzels
Melting Chocolate of your Choice
Spring Colored M&M's

The biggest task for me was finding Peanut Free Melting Chocolate!
I used to love making candy, with CandyMelts but they are processed with Peanuts, so they are a no go in out house. So, I went with good old fashioned Chocolate Chips, and a small amount of shortening. 

You can use a double boiler, crockpot, etc to melt your chocolate. I went with a small pot on the stove, on low. Just keep an eye on it or it will get crunchy. Once melted I dropped a handful of pretzels in the pot and flipped them over with a fork, then pulled them out.

Here's where you will learn from my mistake! See the pic? I put the chocolate covered pretzels on my cooling rack, while it wasn't a complete disaster, it was not as easy as I thought it would be to get the pretzels back off once cooled! Next time I will do wax paper instead. 

Before your chocolate cools all the way, place an M&M in each hole of the pretzel, leaving them towards the middle make them look more like eggs, rather than standing straight up and down or laying down. 

Because your chocolate isn't boiling hot, I think kids could help with the M&M part!

That's it! A quick, easy, cute spring treat! I think these would be cute for any spring event, baby showers, birthdays, bridal showers! Or Easter (like I did!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!