Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's beginning to feel a lot like....

...Christmas! Finally, with just over a week away, I am starting to feel like I am somewhat ready for the holiday!

I am feeling that these two things are what have helped me feel prepared...

Applesauce ornaments.

I have to thank my dear friend, Erin, for introducing these to me! We made them about two weeks ago, and I finally just put my finishing touches on it ( because as my husband says, I can not leave anything alone!). The ornaments are easy to make the the hardest part is and leaving them alone to dry! All you do is mix 1 part cinamon to 1 part applesauce. And its very user friendly, if its too wet add cinamon, if its too dry add applesauce. Look how great they are by
themselves...


and if your like me and can't leave anything alone...

Fast Fudge.

I felt like I needed something a little bit more for gifting, and wanted to make a little something special. So, I made some fudge. I made two different kinds, Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Both were so simple! The chocolate had three ingredients and you melted it in the microwave! The Peanut Butter you did on the stove, but came together in about 5 minutes.



On the left is the Chocolate, the middle is the Peanut Butter, and on the right is Chocolate with Nuts.

The peanut butter fudge recipe is found here.

The Chocolate fudge recipe was found online, and of coarse I cannot find it. But I did write it down...
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk ( 14 ounce)
1/4 cup butter
AND THATS IT!

Place in a microwave safe bowl, melt for 2 minutes, stir, melt for 2 more minutes. Place on greased cookie sheet, cool and cut.

I felt that this is more of a half batch size, and when doubled filled a cookie sheet nicely.

Enjoy! And if you need a boost to get into the holiday spirit, there is still time to do both of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!