Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Super Soft, Super Quick Blankets!

Last weekend, I did a craft fair, and was asked by someone to make some blankets that she would be sending away with her Operation Christmas box.

With that being said there were some requirements.  First and foremost, when folded it needed to fit into a shoe box. Think: Thin.

Then, we discussed who they were for: 2 boys, 2 girls.  That was pretty much all I needed to know before my mind started to wander.

Here is what we came up with:



42" by 42" Fleece blankets ( just one layer, no sewing involved!) with a nice border on the edge to dress them up.

Using a knitting cable needle ( the gold "J" looking one) I punched holes through the perimeter of the blanket.  Then, using the crochet hook, I single crocheted in each hole with a chain one in between all the way around.

They would have been finished if I could stop myself, but because they will be shipped to children oversea, I wanted to somehow let them know how far these blankets have traveled! So, using my embroidery machine, I added NY,USA on red heart and sewed them on.


The end result came out great, and everyone who has seen them loved them. I hope the children who receive them enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!