Tuesday, August 30, 2011

GUEST: Kelly from Creating A Family Home


Knitting for Babies and Toddlers: Socks and Hats


Hi everyone!  I'm so excited to be guest posting today on All Things Fee!  I'm Kelly from Creating a Family Home, and I love to craft, knit and create my own seasonally inspired craft tutorials and knitting patterns.  And I especially love sharing them with my readers on my blog, Creating a Family Home!

I especially adore knitting for babies and toddlers.  Not only are the projects super adorable and fast to knit, but babies and toddlers have no choice but to wear them, so you know your knitted objects will get lots of use.  ; ) 

I started designing knitwear for my son when I had trouble finding the perfect patterns, the ones I could envision so clearly in my mind but not find anywhere on the internet.  Well, that's because I hadn't designed them yet!


My first pattern is still one of my favorites, Toddler Socks.  With clear, step-by-step instructions, this no-frills sock pattern is perfect for the beginner sock knitter, or an easy, relaxing project for a more advanced knitter.  You can whip these puppies out in no time.  Knit from the cuff down, these socks will fit an average 12-month-old's foot, give or take a few months.

Get the free pattern: Toddler Socks


One of my more recent patterns is my Toddler Earflap Hat, which is knitted in the round.  (I also have a Toddler Hat version that's knitted flat on two straight needles and sewn up the back.)  The earflaps keep little ears warm and the 14-inch ties keep the hat in place, for the most part.  My favorite part of the hat is the little I-cord stem on top such a cute little detail.  I can't resist putting this stem on just about every hat I knit! 

Get the free pattern: Toddler Earflap Hat


Have an animal-lover in the house?  (Big or small!  I see many adults going after this scarf!)  My Sneaky Snake Scarf pattern has been a big hit recently.  I almost can't wait for winter to get here so my son can start wearing it again.


While you're visiting Creating a Family Home, be sure to check out some of my non-baby styles, such as my Birds in Flight Socks (above) and Ice Pop Socks (another freebie!).  All of my hand knits and original knitting patterns are inspired by the seasons and are updated often.  Please check back each season to see what's new! 


You can also find me and my original designs on Ravelry.  Please stop by and friend me if you wish!  For updates on upcoming patterns and other projects, "like" my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter.

Thank you, Felicia, for the opportunity to be in your space today and share some of my favorite knitting patterns.  I had a lovely time!


1 comment:

  1. That little hat with the ear flaps is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!