Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chocolate Sugar Cookies using Cake Mix

Did you know you can make cookies from ANY cake mix?


Yes, which is perfect for the novice cookie maker in me! I wish I had more patience when it came to cookies, don't get me started on using cookie cutters. I just can't get it perfect!

Anyways, back to the cookies.  To convert a cake mix to a cookie mix you need:

A cake mix of your choice ( I used Devil's Food)
1 egg
3/4 cup butter ( I used Country Crock)
2 tbspns milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients. 


Create a log, and stick in freezer until firm, I did it for about a half hour.


Slice. I rolled in balls and flatened. 


Bake 6-10 minutes.



Yum.


6 comments:

  1. Yummmmy.. These look amazing.. Great recipe.. I have to try it sometime.. : )) Stopping in to say hello.. wishing you an amazing Tuesday.. :) ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! I never thought to try this. I have a couple of boxes of cake mix that will surely be converted into cookies for my husband's employees. Thanks for sharing.

    This is the time of year to stock up on those boxed cake mixes too . . . you can get them for DIRT cheap over the next couple of months. I always buy enough to last me through the year (birthday parties, random cupcake cravings, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made whoopie pies like this. It's the perfect texture for a sandwich cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Great idea for holiday cooking too!
    www.mun-emakingblogs.blogspot.com
    is having a party today! Please come and share.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!