Friday, February 3, 2012

Lifesavers: Slicing with a Cheese Grater



Another tip to save you some time, money and frustration!

Now this may not seem like a Lifesaver, BUT it could truly be a lifesaver!
Recently, I purchased some baby carrots (thinking that they would go in the oven with a roast) but Carter wanted some. Well. I was a little nervous because I didn't know if he would chew them really good. 

So, I was going to cut them but i HATE cutting baby carrots! They fly all over the place!

Not anymore! I got out my handy box grater, and tried the side without the circles.


Now they are not as hard to bite through, which makes me feel better about giving them to Carter, a grab and go kind of kid!

Oh man, no veggies were safe after that! I whipped up a bowl of carrots, and cucumbers in no time! Which made salad prep faster too!

Again, another kitchen utensil that I am using for something else!

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea with this! I have a bad fear of cutting myself with a knife so I won't cut anything that's small or thin where there's any chance of missing and cutting my finger!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!