Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Craft Night!

Today's the day!
Not sure what I am excited about? It's Craft Night!


Remember?

Here is what I came up with!
Well, I had a complete fail first. And then got sidetracked!

My first attempt for Craft night, was a recycled bowl. I cut 1/4" strips and started swirling, and swirling and swirling. But that only got me so far. Too flimsy. See?








 So it was back to the drawing board.

I thought if I could make thicker strips that it would go a little bit smoother.

But when I made the strips I got sidetracked. And started making gum wrapper chains.


Because I folded an entire sheet of magazine paper in half the long wise three times, it was pretty big and thick so it wasn't going to be the pennant/banner I thought. It didn't bend much. But it does make a cute little marker corral though.

So I then cut my paper in half length wise, and folded it in half lengthwise in half, then in half and and then in half ( that's what I mean by three times, does it make sense?) and I went back to my bowl idea.
Here is what I have so far. I've used about half a magazine here, and it's still pretty small. I'm going to add more and see how big I can get it before I modge podge it to stand like a bowl. 





That's what I came up with! What did you? Make sure you link it up!

Now,  a couple things:
-Be sure to only link up items made with magazines. 
-We'd really love it you followed Kari and I!
(either through our blogs or Facebook!)
-Be sure to spread the word about the party so more people can link up, visit and join in on the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!