Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Strawberry Rhubarb JAM!


Now, I have only made jelly once and it came out okay. It was kind of thick and I was just "winging" it. So when I came across this three (maybe four if your feeling dangerous!) ingredient recipe, I had to try it. What was there to lose? I had all the ingredients on hand!  


I followed the directions, but added some defrosted strawberries to the mix too. Some of the comments said they added the strawberries and it helped balance the sweetness and tartness factor.  The only thing I did that wasn't in the recipe was... I used my immersion stick blender to mash it up some more.

It's funny when you look at the recipe and it says that you only need solid ingredients. I was stumped at first, but then when you put the sugar and rhubarb it makes a syrup... See? 


You let the rhubarb and sugar sit overnight ( I started in the morning and let it sat all day, then finished after dinner) and the sugar draws out whatever water is in the rhubarb!

Once I put my hot jelly in my jars, I wiped the lips, put on the lids and rings and hot water canned them for 10 minutes.


Super easy, and delicious. Plus it helped use up some of my rhubarb crop!

This is definitely going to be my go to jelly recipe!

2 comments:

  1. I may have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love strawberry and rhubarb together! I bet this jam is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!