Friday, January 11, 2013

Meal Plan: 1/14-1/18


Earlier this week, I asked over on facebook if anyone was interested in what our weekly meal plan looked like. And typically you see Meal Plan Mondays, but around here I plan on Fridays.
I know, I know backwards as usual. 

But here's my rationale. We grocery shop every Friday/Saturday. It works for us.

So without further adeu, here is NEXT week's meal Plan!
*Note: I typically make a big green salad that we each throughout the week with meals* 


M: Chicken Stir fry
Chicken, Frozen Oriental Stir Fry & Rice

T: Stuffed Cabbage Cassarole
I'm using my Stuffed Pepper Cassarole Recipe but substituting the Cabbage for the Peppers.

W: BLT's
Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato on Toasted Bread. Served with Veggie Of Choice

Th: Chicken Soft Taco's/Quesadillas
Chicken, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, Sour Cream, Black Beans & Rice

F: Stuffed Shells
Frozen Stuffed Shells, Sauce & Veggie of Choice

As you can see our dinners are pretty easy and straight forward. Every now and again I get "fancy" and make something different/more difficult. But thats normally on the weekends. Also, I don't plan for the weekends because there are normally plenty of leftovers, or places to be.

To make my grocery list for the week I start with my meal plan, and go day by day. 
For example this weeks would start out like this:
Chicken Breast
Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
Rice
Ground Beef
Rice
Sauce
Peppers
Onions
etc.

And I make it this way no matter what. Then I go through and cross off what I have in the freezer or pantry. So my list then becomes this:

Chicken Breast
Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
Rice
Ground Beef
Rice
Sauce
Peppers
Onions
etc.

Next, I go through and mentally plan out what I need for breakfast and lunch.
Lastly, I add in household items. Soap, Shampoo, Toilet Paper, etc. 

How do you plan for the week?
Do you make a detailed grocery list or fly by the seat of your pants?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!