Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Art Canvas to Canvas Chalkboard

As some of you may know, I went to college for art and photography.
With three degrees under my belt, I have my share of prints and projects that are just stored away.

One assignment was to create a stage prop for a play the college was doing.
The storyline is of an artist who is in love with two women, and when he is painting them seperately, the paintings are a blend of the two women. My photography class photographed the women, and in Photoshop blended their two photographs together. Mine was chosen to be used in the play!
So it was printed onto a canvas and attached to canvas stretchers.
And now I had this: A 2 ft x 3 ft, half nude woman made up of two women.



Well after years of her in storage, and facing the wall because I thought it was creepy.  I decided it was time to do something and to change it up. My choice was simple. Paint over her.

Clearly "she" didn't like that. After one coat of paint, the printed image started to peel off. 
But that's okay, it peeled pretty easyily. See?


Then, using chalkboard paint I covered the canvas with two coats and was done!


Isn't it great? A nice lightweight chalkboard! 
And I had everything on hand!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!