Wednesday, June 8, 2016

{Recap} June 2015

Ah, June 2015 the month we found out we would be having another baby! 
The month where blogging slowed down...  But there were definitely things to blog about! 
So here I am trying to recap what happened June 2015...

As usual the garden was booming....


and most important my "baby", my oldest son graduated from Kindergarten! 
And yes, I did cry!


To celebrate, and thank his teachers I had this grand idea to make them cute tote bags. 
In my head, I wanted to use my sister's silhouette to use Heat Transfer Vinyl. And well, that was an epic fail. We could not for the life of us get it to cut, we followed several tutorials online and in the end wasted an entire roll of vinyl. I was convinced we got a defective roll, since she has cut vinyl before so I contacted Silhouette.  I was just as disappointed with their customer service as their product, so my dreaming to own a Silhouette days are over.  

Anyways, end of negativity.

So I went the old tried and true route, paint! 

Yes, All I did was pencil out my design and free hand painted with puffy paint.
Now before you go thinking puffy paint? 
Doesn't that scream 80's sweatshirts?  
Hear me out.


If you go super slow with puffy paint and squeeze hard you get that 80's look.
If you get your "squeeze" or tension right white bottle it does not come out like that. 
Yes, it's three dimensional but if you paint thick with a thin tip paint brush you would get similar results too.

So I found cute quotes for my son's Kindergarten Teacher and her Aide. 
I think they came out cute! I then rolled them up and tied them like a diploma so carter could hand the tote diploma to them!



There you have it, a couple things I did for June! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!