Thursday, December 9, 2010

Abalone Knit Sweater



I never thought that I would make a knit sweater for myself, until I found this pattern!  This was super simple and only took me about a week to complete! It's short sleeved, almost seamless ( two seams for the shoulders) and stockinette stitch all the way until the edging!
 


Perfect first sweater pattern in my opinion.  A lovely lady in my knit group makes sweaters and the thought of all those pieces ( two fronts, two arms, a back) overwhelmed me.  

The edging is picked up after you complete the body of the sweater, and then knit in a garter stitch. Super simple.
(close up of i-cord bind-off)

My favorite part of the sweater is the bind-off. This was something new for me, an i-cord bind-off.  I love the nice rolled edge!  Will definitely keep this in mind for other projects!

This sweater is already being planned on making again its that simple and that comfy!