Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Knit Wreath Tutorial

Need a quick Christmas Knit?  How about an adorable wreath!

To begin your wreath, Cast on 61 stitches ( I used a size 7, 16 inch circular).  
Work in the round until your piece is a six inch long tube.
I worked in a seed stitch pattern to create some texture. I have done this wreath in the stockinette stitch too, and both have come out cute!


Bind off all your stitches, and fold your tube in half.
With the same yarn, thread a needle to begin to sew.



As you sew your tube, stuff it at the same time. Go all the way around closing the gap.



At this point your wreath should look like this.



Using yarn create a loop to hang your wreath from, and attach to the back side 
( The side you just sewn shut).

Want to make a knit bow to add?  Here's how.

Cast on 4 stitches, turn.
Knit every row until your piece is about 20 inches long.


Use this knit "ribbon" to tie a bow.


Using some yarn pull through one of your stitches to attach your bow, and your done! 


6 comments:

  1. Oh....my....goodness! Super duper cute! I must bookmark this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Felicia! Thanks for sharing it at Theme Party Thursday!
    -Jami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I wish I knew how to knit. This is darling! Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a similar wreath and would love to make the bow as you did, but can't figure out how you got the garter stitch to twist how it does... I have looked and looked but not found any other help. "Cast on 4 stitches, turn" is a little vague, any way you could spell it out more clearly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellen- Cast on 4 stitches, knit those stitches. Turn, and knit every row. I didn't do anything special to make it twist. I think between the thickness of my yarn, and the narrow-ness of the bow it turned on its own. Sorry I am not of more help! Did you try knitting every row for a couple inches to see if yours twists?

      Delete
  5. I could never get mine to twist, I think yours must have been a combo of bulky yarn knit tight and a narrow strip. I did knit out a strip for a bow that doesn't twist and it still looks nice. I just thought you must have been doing some kind of magical knitting :).

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!