Monday, March 7, 2011

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

I love mac and cheese.  It's one of the first meals I conquered successfully over and over when I moved into my house.  Over the few years I have altered the recipe here and there. But now, I think I will never make mac and cheese the old fashioned way again.  This crock pot recipe saves you time, makes little to no mess and tastes so good! Think about it, normally you have to boil your pasta ( in one pan) and then make you cheese in another pan.  Now its all in the crock pot! Less dishes is always a plus here!

Now, the original recipe came from Family Circle ( and you have to log in to see the recipe... Boo.)  But I found the recipe online through a different blog, check it out here.

As usual, I did my own thing to the recipe!  Here's my version...

2 cups dry elbow macaroni
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz American cheese
1 1/2 cups milk
2/3 dry milk
2 cups water
salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in crock pot, turn on high or low depending on your time frame.

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese Before

The recipe states to cook it on low for 4 hours or high for 3 hours. I did mine on low and it was done after 1 hour and a half. So keep an eye on it!

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese After

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds great! What size crock pot did you use?
    thanks!
    dana
    (uofigirl05@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mac and Cheese is my fave food! I am adding this to my recipe list for sure! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding story there. What occurred after? Take care!


    Feel free to surf to my web page - weight loss

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!