Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Brussel Sprout Leaves

Now, I am not talking the leaves of an actual brussel sprout, I'm talking the leaves that grow on the plant prior to the little mini cabbages growing!  

This is my first time growing brussel sprouts, I had to look up how to grow them. 
What I learned is that once you have a nice stalk on your plant, 
you need to remove the leaves so that the sprouts have somewhere to grow. 

But not wanting to be wasteful I thought, can you eat the leaves? 

So I did a quick search online, and found out yes! You can eat them!


Here's how I did!

Bring a pot of water to a boil, with some salt. Trim off stalk part of leaf. 
Add leaves to boiling water 5-7 minutes.
 Remember brussel sprouts are like cabbage, 
so you want to soften the leaves up before you do anything else with them!

Next, throw in a pan with garlic (I used some from my garden, Yay!) with some butter or oil. Salt and Pepper. 

Saute and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!