Thursday, July 21, 2011

Try, Try, Try Again...

Last week I shared how I wasn't sure if I liked working from a chart, but I don't think it was just the chart I disliked, I disliked that it made my blanket look slanted somehow. Strange I know. But it did.


 So what did I do? I ripped it all out of course! I had 3/4 of a cone of yarn used and wasn't even close to half way done with my baby blanket, and I know one cone can make a baby blanket. So out it went. 


Well then I decided to rework, altering my favorite baby blanket pattern and added in my own heart pattern. ( I worked in a stockinette stitch rather than a garter stitch like the pattern says) Well, after working the heart. You could barely see it. its there but bleh. 
So what did I do? Ripped it out.

Now, third times a charm right? I think so! I went back to my favorite pattern left it as is so that you work in garter stitch the entire blanket and I added in a stockinette stitch heart. Much better.


Sometimes you just have to stick with it and it will work it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!