Friday, November 4, 2011

Introducing: Lifesavers Series




Lately, I have come across some great tips and tricks that will save you some time, money and frustration!

And now I want to share them with you!

The tips in this series are quick, easy and cost little to nothing!  AND sometimes they are no brainers, but when you finally figure it out. It's a smack in the face!

Today I am sharing the first one with you!

This is one of those "no-brainers" but I just realized it works!  

Frozen onions. 


Ever have a recipe that only needs half an onion, and then you either let the unused half go bad,
 or just automatically throw it in the garbage?
 I know I do. But not anymore!  



Take that chopped onion and throw it in the freezer!
I'm even thinking I may just buy a bag of onions and chop them all up and stuff them in a bag, 
 just so I cry once and not per onion!

I also just read somewhere to light a candle before chopping onions.
 Something about the candle will burn off the onion smell that makes you cry. 
Is this true?