Thursday, December 8, 2011

Preserving: Chive Butter

( I know, I know. Two food related posts in one week. And garden season is long gone.. )
(But...I just found it in my draft folder. Oops. )

At the end of my garden season, I always try my best to save and preserve as much as I can from my garden. I don't want to waste any of my hard work.

Normally I use my chives all summer, and then just let them die out at the end of the season. 


Not this year. This year I chopped up the remainder and mixed it in with some softened real butter 
(nothing from a tub) and made delicious chive butter!  I used 3 sticks and added all my chives. It made it pretty strong, so a little goes a long way. Just play around with how much you add for your taste!

I've used it on toast, plain bread and even under the skin of a turkey. Yum!

What other things to you mix with butter?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!