Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Crochets: A Gift for Baby C!

Things have been so super busy since I started teaching a couple weeks back! 
I'm hoping to wrap up some projects this week so I can photograph some of the amazing pieces my students have created!

But in the meantime, I wanted to share this baby blanket I made for Baby Boy C! 
I have to say this might be my favorite that I have done in a while!
I am loving the navy blue and white combo! It's just so classic to me!  

This was a great project to work on since it was rows of HDC (read: no thinking/pattern involved), until it was the size I wanted. Then I went around the edge to create a border. The key to the border was to do one round of SC in blue first (I tried jumping right into the white, and it didn't look great). Then two rounds SC in white. Then two rounds SC in blue. 

Then using HDC I crocheted a matching hat! I love baby hats, they are so quick to whip up!

Baby Boy C had an adorable Dr. Suess shower, and I loved that instead of a card you include a book, and to sign in the book so they could keep it and know it was from you! Such a great idea! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!