Thursday, July 24, 2014

Crochets: A Gift for Baby C!

A friend of mine is due with her first baby at the end of August.
Let me tell you, her nursery is gorgeous! 
Not too babyish, but trendy, modern and adorable!
Grey, White and Yellow gorgeous.

So as soon as she let me know that Chevron was in the works for the nursery, I knew a chevron baby blanket would be the perfect handmade gift! 



It took me several tries, with several patterns and several yarns to get it just right for Baby C! 
In the end I ended up using a pattern that only had 5 stitches up, then create the zig or zag. 
What I liked the most about this pattern was the first and last stitch had two stitches in it, so it was much harder to mess up the edges ( definitely one of my downfall with crochet at times!)

I can't remember where I found the pattern since I tried at least five! 
But this is what it was

Chain width of blanket in multiples of 12+2. Turn.
SC two in first stitch. *SC in next five stitches. SC 3x in next stitch. SC in next five sts. Skip 2 stitches. Repeat from * to end, SC two in last stitch. Turn
Repeat until desired length. 

Now that I got the pattern down I will definitely be doing again! 
Once I finished the blanket, I made a matching yellow hat (using this pattern) for Baby C, 
and can't wait to find out if Baby C is a he or a she!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!