Friday, October 10, 2014

Garden 2014: September Harvest!

I just keep shaking my head,
 thinking where did the Summer and now September and half of October go?!?

As you know, I weigh my garden harvest and track them so I know what is worth the space in my garden, and what may be worth buying at the store.
 Plus it's fun to see how the garden compares each year! 



Totals this year so far: 

Beans: 7.25 lbs

Collards: 1.1 lb

Cucumbers: 31.9 lbs
(Yes! I grew 31 lbs of cucumbers, last year I only got 8 lbs! I've been pickling my little heart out, and the kids are loving it!)

Edamame: 2.7 lbs

Garlic: 1 lb

Lettuce: .6 lbs

Kale: 1.1 lb

Peas: 1.25 lbs

 Hot Peppers: 1.1 lb

Potatoes: 6.4 lbs

Rhubarb: 2.1 lbs

Squash: 1.25 lbs

Swiss Chard: 1.91 lbs

Cherry Tomatoes: 12.3 lbs
(These were a winter sowing experiment! I'm converted! More details soon!)

Tomatoes: 59.7 lbs
(Lots of sauce, rotel, salsa and pizza sauce are filling my pantry shelves!)

Apples: 1.25 lbs
Blueberries: .75 lb
Strawberries: 1 lb

Peaches: 0 lbs
Sadly, for some reason our peach trees produced not a single thing, no blossoms nothing. And they grew HUGE! to the point you have to practically crawl into the garden! 

Those are just the larger quantities, I've also gotten small amounts of herbs, bok choy, and things are still growing (sweet peppers, beets, eggplant, tomatoes, squash)!! Overall so far, I've harvested 131 lbs of produce! Last year it was 130 lbs, plus with my cold frame I am able to get greens right up until Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!