Friday, March 19, 2010

Ami what? Amigurumi.

At first I was like what is amigurumi?  So I looked it up...


Amigurumi: is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed animals and anthropomorphic creatures. The word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.


I think just the name is japanese, but maybe I am wrong. But I did make Carter his own amigurumi.  I found this free pattern for Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba.


Here's mine. Not bad. I struggled more with the eye and mouth!  I thought it would be simple. Yup. It wasn't for me for some reason! And I have to add his teeth. I just could not get it right yesterday. Maybe today.






It was so easy that I also, started without a pattern a Brobee ( Also from Yo Gabba Gabba) and I think I did pretty good! I got one arm left! And then to add his face.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!