Wednesday, January 19, 2011

And so it begins...

Crafting for Carter's birthday. I cannot believe he will be TWO next month. Ugh, where does the time go?!?!

Anyway, in September we went to see his favorite show Yo Gabba Gabba live!  And it was awesome!  And since he is still a NUT for this show, having a Gabba themed party was a no brainer! Just ask our friends who got him the Yo Gabba Gabba Blanket his reaction, and you will know that this child is CRAZY for Yo Gabba Gabba!

To start the theme, I created these invites!  Just a quick image search online found my main image.  Then another quick search for the Yo Gabba Gabba font  (which was a total whim, but found!)  And here is what I came up with.


The wording for the left half of the invite comes from one of the episodes, Brobee's birthday.  And I can't stop singing it now that I put it on the invite.

Even though, I can't take credit for the saying, the font or the image, I can for the design right? Using photoshop I put it all together and using my brain (for once) created my invite to be 4"x9" so I didn't need to purchase specialty envelopes. Score!

Then I put two invites per page, and all I have to do is cut them up the center, stuff and send.  Task one of my birthday list is done! Yea!


Stay tuned for more Yo Gabba Gabba Decorations... Once his party is here I will recap everything I made. Just like last year's Ocean ONEderland Party!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! What a lucky boy! It looks like it will be a fun day for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the decor.! My sons birthday is in November.
    -Maria
    maria_0190@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!