Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Sewing Machine

If you have been reading a while, you know that lately I have been bitten by the sewing bug.  Or at least the urge. I haven't made anything big in a while, but want to. Bad. So, in an effort to keep this motivation up, I thought why not make it a weekly post about what I am sewing, please share in the comments what your up to too! Plus, I love links to visit too!

So for starters, I thought I would share what machine I work on.

My Sewing Machine

This is the Brother SE 350.  I purchased it refurbished a year or two ago off eBay, and love it!  It has the embroidery attachment, which is great for baby gifts!  But some of my favorite features are the simpler ones.

I love love love this feature seen here.

Brother SE 350 Screen

See the boxes in the upper right corner?  Those are programable. If you want them on they look like this, if not they would be white not black. But I leave them on. This feature automatically backstitches at the beginning of your seam, and then when you hit the backstitch button at the end it does that plus cuts your thread. Ah. Love.

My Machine, Brother SE 350


Another favorite feature. You can run the machine with or without the pedal!  I have become very used to the hand controls and haven't used my pedal since I got it! The red button goes green when your foot is down, telling you its safe to start, and then you can adjust the speed using the arrows.

This is just the sewing half of my machine, and the embroidery half is just as much fun!

What's on your sewing table?  I'm starting a big project and plan to share it with you each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!