Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby Flannel Blankies!

Last year a friend asked if I could make her some blankets to send in her Operation Christmas Child boxes, this year she asked again!

But this year we decided to go with a flannel fabric, 
because the fleece that I used last year was too bulky and took up a lot of room in the shoe box. 


Last year I did fleece no sew (fleece will not fray) with a crochet edge.
This year I used a serger to finish the edge ( the flannel will fray).
We also changed the size up, and went with a 25" x 30" size, as these are for small children, toddler or babies.  


After packing them up to send away, we decided that next year we will do the flannel again but we could either do it with a front and back (like a quilt) or go bigger. 

1 comment:

  1. Ηі theгe, I found уour site via Google whilst ѕearching for
    a ѕimilar subject, youг website сame up, it looks gгeat.
    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, just became aware of your weblog thru Google, and found that it is really informative. I'm
    going to watсh out for brusselѕ. I will
    appгecіate for thoѕe who procеed this
    in future. A lot of otheг folks will be benеfited
    out of yοur wгiting. Ϲhеeгs!


    Αlso visit my blog http://www.juliusbrodkorb.de

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!