Gosh, has it really been that long ago? I made my Dry Erase Calendar back in April 2010!
Well after almost two full years of lovingly being used. It was getting hard to erase, I'm guessing because it was plastic not glass, and it even cracked in a couple spots.
Especially when Carter got ahold of it!
Plus, I also realized that I was always tucking or taping notes, mail or paper that we needed to keep to it. So I decided I needed a change. A nice neat, organized and streamlined change.
It all started with a blank bulletin board that I already had, and centered it on the wall where the dry erase calendar was. Then I picked up two 8 x 10 frames. To make them all "match" I painted all the frames white, even the bulletin boards.
I used short screws and went right into the bulletin board, plus I added a dab or two of hot glue to ensure the frames wouldn't fly off, especially since the door to outside is to the right of this board!
I printed off some blank calendars so I could still have my dry erase calendars and put them in the frames.I found them here, but changed the colors to match my kitchen.
So here's what it looked like for a couple days.
I then decided I wanted to have a space to remind myself what the meal plan looked like for the week. (Since the boxes are kind of small on the calendars too) With a quick search, I found and printed this week calendar, and laminated it so that I could use my dry erase marker on it too.
On the back of the week calendar I added this freezer inventory to help with meal planning!
All that was left was somewhere to corral or clip or pin the random paper piles that used to find their way to the old calendar.
I used a piece of 12" x 12" scrapbook paper (folded in half) to create a pocket for papers that do not need to be front and center but easily accessible.
Plus some extra push pins for anything else we need to hang up.
So far I am loving the change. It helps keep the shelf below the calendars free of clutter like it use to fill up with!