Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stuffed Pepper Casserole



No more awkward pepper eating!
I love stuffed peppers, but when you eat all the filling out of them, you awkwardly cut up the steamed pepper.

So last night I gave Stuffed Peppers the Casserole treatment, and boy did it turn out great!

For the casserole, you need the same ingredients as traditional Stuffed Peppers:
Ground Beef
Rice
Peppers
Onions
Sauce 
Mozzarella Cheese
I started out by cooking my rice as per the packages recipe. 
I chopped and sauted my peppers and onions in a skillet until they were starting to soften them up. 
Once cooked to my preference I put them in a bowl. Then I used the same skillet to brown my beef.
Once everything was cooked I tossed it all together and put in a casserole dish.
Topped it with the sauce and cheese and baked.
The best part, my husbands response. "I know I am going to like this without even trying it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!