Friday, September 21, 2012

Grows: Compost Trick and Update

If you remember at the beginning of the summer, I made a compost tumbler. 
It's definitely been interesting trying to get my "browns" and "greens" in a good ratio.

The only downside I have found with this setup is that it fills up pretty quickly. 
I would either need a second tumbler or a pile somewhere else. 
But you live and learn I guess.

Now, that I have done it all summer, I figured out some tips/tricks.
-The more you chop up your "ingredients" the better.


-Why keep your scraps in a bowl that you'll have to wash out?
Put them in a paper bag, then throw your paper bag in the pile.
(Yes this "cancels" out my first tip/trick, but it helps with the ratio)

-Turn, turn, turn. Make sure you remember to turn it helps a lot!

Do you compost? I've read once you start composting your won't stop. 
I'm not sure I'm there yet, but we will see!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!