Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Preserves: Grape Jelly

Have you ever made grape jelly? 
Or any jelly for that matter? 
This summer I've made strawberry rhubarb, rhubarb ginger, tomato jam and now grape!


Me neither, but I had some red grapes from the store that I didn't want to throw away. 
So, I pulled out my pectin ( that I scored on sale a while back for .25 a pack!) and followed the easy jelly directions on the back!  

Now, I also searched online, and it looked like I follow them but because I didn't have a ton of grapes I decided to go the easy peasy pectin route.

Here's what the back on my pectin box said to do:
Stir 1 1/2 c sugar with pectin.
Add 4 cups crushed fruit 
Stir 3 minutes. 
Ladle jam into jars, let stand 30 minutes. 
Enjoy in Freezer 1 year or Refrigerate up to 3 weeks.

The last step I ended up water-bathing my jar so I could store on a shelf. 
So far so good, but I haven't opened yet!

I've had great luck canning this summer, even though my garden wasn't it's best! 
I have a full shelf of canned goods from the garden!
 Can't imagine what it would be like if I had a better garden year!

Whats your favorite jelly?
We are becoming quite the jelly aficionados as I feel that's all I have made this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!