Friday, February 6, 2015

{Crochets} Sarah & Duck Dolls!

Have you ever heard of Sarah & Duck? 
I hadn't but as soon as I mentioned it to my boys, they had seen it on SproutOnline.
My friend's little girl is obsessed, but since it's a UK show there is little on the market as far as toys here in the US.  So what's a mama to do? Ask her crocheting friend to make them! 


So after a little digging, we found a pattern which saved a lot of time and frustration!
My friend bought the pattern and I got to work!
Even with the pattern, I decided to do the head and body a little different.
In the pattern, the head and body are made separately and then sewn together. While that may work for some people, I was scared my sewing wouldn't hold up and Sarah's head would fall off! 
So, I ended up reading the pattern "backwards" and crocheting the head and body as one piece.

Looking to make your own Sarah & Duck?
I really searched for some of these yarns, so I thought I would help you by sharing what I used since I think they look pretty accurate to the show. From the pictures I saw, Duck's beak is a limey green, and while I tried it with a green beak, the yellow looked much better (made it obvious, that it was a duck and not a strange looking creature!)


 Pattern: here
Yarn I used:
Sarah: Red Heart Apple (Hat),Red Heart Buff (Skin), 
Red Heart Light Raspberry (Stripes), Red Heart Baby Pink (Sweater)
Black, White, Dark Grey, Light Grey (from my stash)
Duck: Loops & Threads Impeccable in Teal (Head) Lion Brand Vanna's Choice  in Linen (Body, Wings) Red Heart Buff (Legs) Yellow (from my stash, but I think it's Red Heart Yellow)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!