Tuesday, June 8, 2010

From Casual to Semi Casual?

Unfortunately, last week I had to attend a funeral.  On top of that, my golden retriever decided to eat all my black dress shoes, and I just haven't replaced them yet.

So, I decided well. I guess I could pull off some flip flops if I added something.  I originally wanted to do something like this, but haven't had the chance. I even bought my flip flops for just that reason!

In a mad dash, I dug through my grandmother's cosmetic jewelery and found these:

I believe they were shoe clips or clip on earrings, and there was nothing on the back as hardware, so I had a blank slate!

I used some hot glue ( so that I could pull them off at the end of the night) and TADA! A little dressed up pair of flip flops...

4 comments:

  1. They are wonderful, even though the occasion was less cheerful. Ira

    ReplyDelete
  2. The slippers look in that perfectly-suited stage now. Great creative use of jewelry. Following you now thru Motivate Me Monday. Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and creative! I love the addition of a little something to make plain flip flops pretty! Great idea! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderul week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!