Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

We really don't celebrate St. Patricks Day, because it is my baby brother's birthday. And the funny part of being born on St. Patricks Day? He won't even eat Corn Beef and Cabbage. So my mother makes two meals, one for him and one for the rest of us!

Anyways, in an attempt to celebrate I decided to make some cookies!

St Patty's Day Cookies

And I may just throw in the towel after this one.  I am not a cookie maker.  Cakes I can handle, cookies not so much.

St Patty's Cookies In Progress

If your a friend on facebook, you may have seen my nice message to my shamrock cookie cutter. We are not friends anymore, actually it has been banished to the playdough cutter pile.  Every stem came off, either before or after I baked them. Grumble.

So, no they did not become those super cute ice cream sandwiches. But I did get 6  shamrocks to give to my brother.  But the rest are circles. Sigh.

St.Patricks Day Cookies

Hope you have a Happy St. Patricks Day!

1 comment:

  1. It happens to the best of us. My kids LOVE to make sugar cookies to cut out and I always try to encourage them into something more free form...chocolate chip, peanut butter, snickerdoodle....
    I'm sure they tasted good!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!