Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mmmm. Banana Bread!





It must be this time of year, because I always make 
Banana bread and Zucchini bread right in the middle of summer. 
Why is that?

Anyways, last night I whipped up a couple loaves of Banana bread. Yum.

I used my original recipe from Better Homes and Garden's New Cook Book. 
But last year I used a recipe (my recipe was similar to this) from a friend.

Here's the recipe from last night's batch!

1 3/4 c flour
2/3 sugar 
2 tspns baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
1/4 tspn salt
1 c mashed banana
1/3 butter, or margarine, or shortening
2 tblspn milk
2 eggs

Mix dry ingredients, then wet. Mix all together. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. 

* I actually decreased the sugar a little bit, and added cinnamon due to Gestational diabetes and it has great flavor.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!