Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crafts: Crayons

I've done crayons before, but this time with much more success.

And, I am happy to say that this is off my to do list, and my WIP pile.  My sister and I tried to make crayons last year ( maybe even longer than that) and we didn't do so great.

Here's what I had to start with. You can see our failed attempted at letters!


This time, I stuck the tins in a pot of water and brought (water) to a boil.  


Once melted, I poured into a candy mold.  I've used a silicone mold before but they broke coming out.


I put them in the freezer to speed up the cooling process.
  

Repeat until your out of crayons to melt. Put in a bowl, and color away!



.Note:  some of the "clear" looking crayons don't work well, its the cheap crayons. But, if you pour them "clear" off and then use the remaining crayon wax and your fine!   


2 comments:

  1. I think other web site proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean and great user friendly style and design, as well as the content. You’re an expert at this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure call me out like its my fault they didn't work last time. Mom was the one that bought like 50 boxes of the cheap waxy crayons. LOL I still have a few =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! If asking a question, make sure to leave a way to get in contact with you!
Thanks for visiting!