Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crafts: Crayons

I've done crayons before, but this time with much more success.

And, I am happy to say that this is off my to do list, and my WIP pile.  My sister and I tried to make crayons last year ( maybe even longer than that) and we didn't do so great.

Here's what I had to start with. You can see our failed attempted at letters!


This time, I stuck the tins in a pot of water and brought (water) to a boil.  


Once melted, I poured into a candy mold.  I've used a silicone mold before but they broke coming out.


I put them in the freezer to speed up the cooling process.
  

Repeat until your out of crayons to melt. Put in a bowl, and color away!



.Note:  some of the "clear" looking crayons don't work well, its the cheap crayons. But, if you pour them "clear" off and then use the remaining crayon wax and your fine!